Welcome back! You are here because you said you’ve started to exercise but need help continuing. I’m so glad you’re here, so let’s build your self-confidence that you can do it!
Let’s review what you’ve done so far: (Which one applies to you now?)
- I started moving just this past week
- It’s been more than a week but I’m struggling to keep it up
- I’ve been at it for a little while, and so far so good – but a little support would be nice
- I’m rockin’ this!
- Share how you’ve been doing in the comments!
What did you do?
- Stepped it up – walked more
- I jogged
- Went to a fitness class
- Lifted Weights (any kind, even cans from the pantry)
- Share anything else you did in the comments!
What was good about it?
- Proud of myself
- It took my mind off things
- Had fun with someone else
- I did better than expected
- It was a boost to my self-confidence
- The music was great
- What else was good?
What challenges did you overcome?
- I was tired but did it anyway
- My self- confidence was pretty low
- I was really busy
- I just didn’t feel like it
- The weather was awful
- I didn’t have anything to wear but I made something work
- My shoes were uncomfortable
- My exercise buddy wasn’t available
- Share any other challenges you overcame!
What challenges really got you this week? What do you need help with?
- Share them in the comments – we all need support sometimes!
Some things to try this week:
- Identify a small route to walk when you have a free moment.
- Set up a time with a friend to get together to do something active.
- Buy a good pair of athletic shoes, sports bra, or something comfortable to wear.
- Post your progress worksheet somewhere you will see it through the day as a reminder.
- Blow the dust off the activity tracker you bought a while back and charge it, then put it on.
- Sit on the floor while watching tv and do some stretching to say “hello” to your body.
- Share any of your ideas in the comments! We’d love to hear more ideas!
Here is your week 1 in review worksheet.
Next up: More review of your progress, and strategies to keep moving and overcome stumbling blocks.
Make sure you use your weekly progress worksheet and come again soon!